The Department of Forest, Government of Rajasthan manages the jungle drive bookings. The vehicles and guides are allocated randomly based on a roster system.
Majority booking is done in advance and only very limited seats are available in current quota on first cum first serve basis. The guest has to personally visit the booking office for booking seats in current quota.
There are two types of vehicles that go for the jungle drive:
- Gypsy: open-air, six-seat mini-jeep
- Canter: open-air, sixteen / twenty-seat mini-bus
|Vehicle||Price per person in Rupees|
|Foreign National||Indian National|
*The price may vary in case of any revision by the forest authorities and is exclusive of taxes
7:00am till 10:30am.
You are requested to be present in the lobby at 6:30am
2:00pm till 5:30pm.
You are requested to be present in the lobby at 1:45pm
6:00am till 9:30am.
You are requested to be present in the lobby at 5:30am
3:00pm till 6:30pm.
You are requested to be present in the lobby at 2:45pm
Terms & Conditions
- The above mentioned charges are for per person per drive in respective drive.
- The charge includes all entrance fees, booking fees and guide hiring charges.
- All gratuities to the guide and the driver of your jungle drive vehicle are to be given directly at your discretion.
- Still cameras do not require any additional charges to be paid at entrance. For every video camera an additional charge of INR 400 is collected by the authorities at the entry gate. Your accompanying guide can do the needful on your behalf. The charge can be changed by the Forest Department without any notice, guests will be informed about the same on arrival.
- The forest authorities at their discretion, in the best interest of the forest and the tourists may decide to stop or change any of the above (type of vehicle, timing of the drive, zone, etc). In that case, if you have a confirmed jungle drive reservation, an alternative may be offered or a refund will be made.
- We do not recommend booking an entire vehicle for few passengers. The number of tourists going to the park is usually higher than the seats available and the forest authorities have the right to ensure that all the seats are booked and occupied.
- Non-resident Indians and persons of Indian origin are charged as foreign nationals.
- Please fill in the complete names of the guests going for the drive.
- A copy of passport of all foreign nationals, non-resident Indians and persons of Indian origin, a copy of any government-issued photo identity proof for Indian nationals and a copy of school / college identity card for Indian students who do not have a government-issued identity card should be carried.
- Please ensure that you carry the proof provided whilst travelling to Ranthambhore as it is checked at the entry by the Forest Department
*We recommend booking the same at the earliest as the forest authorities responsible for the park restrict the number of jeeps in each drive and hence the drive is subject to availability.
In case of non-availability of jeeps, there is a guaranteed alternative for visit to the park in form of a large open air vehicle on seat sharing basis called "Canter".