The Department of Forest, Government of Rajasthan manages the Jungle Drive bookings.The vehicles and the guides are allocated randomly based on a roster system.
Booking can be made 90 days before date of visit and is subject to availability on account of limited vehicles allowed into the park. Any booking requests later than that are only on the basis of any last minute cancellation received by the forest department.
Majority booking is done in advance and only very limited seats are made available 24 hours prior on first cum first serve basis.
There are two types of vehicles that go for the jungle drive:
- Gypsy: open-air, six-seat mini-jeep
- Canter: open-air, sixteen-seat mini-bus
|Vehicle||Price per person in Rupees|
|Foreign National||Indian National|
*The charges are exclusive of 12.36% tax.
*The charges are subject to change as per the directives by the Forest Authorities.
6:30 am till 10:00 am.
You are requested to be present in the lobby at 6:20 am
2:30 pm till 6:00 pm.
You are requested to be present in the lobby at 2:20 pm
6:00 am till 9:30 am.
You are requested to be present in the lobby at 5:45 am
3:00 pm till 5:30 pm.
You are requested to be present in the lobby at 2:45 pm
Terms & Conditions
- The above mentioned charges are for per person per drive in respective vehicle.
- The charge includes all entrance fees, booking fees and guide hiring charges.
- All gratuities to the guide and the driver of your jungle drive vehicle are to be given directly at your discretion.
- Guest can take video and still cameras to the park. Video Cameras require a fee to be paid at the entrance. Your accompanying guide can do the needful on your behalf.
- The forest authorities at their discretion, in the best interest of the forest and the tourists may decide to stop or change any of the above type of vehicle. In that case, if you have a confirmed jungle drive reservation, an alternative may be offered. The amount already paid in excess of the booking amount will be refunded.
- The price quoted may vary slightly in case of any revision by the forest authorities.
- We do not recommend booking an entire vehicle for few passengers. The number of tourists going to the park is usually higher than the seats available and the forest authorities have the right to ensure that all the seats are booked and occupied.
- Non-Resident Indians, Persons of Indian Origin and Foreign Nationals with a work visa are charged the price for Foreign Nationals. The only exceptions are Indian Passport Holders.
- Please fill in the complete names of the guests going for the drive.
- A copy of passport of all foreign nationals, non-resident Indians and persons of Indian origin, a copy of any government-issued photo identity proof for Indian nationals and a copy of school / college identity card for Indian students who do not have a government-issued identity card is mandatory to process the booking of seats for the Jungle Drives.
- No Cancellations can be made at Current Booking Counter.
- The original identity proof (same given during reservation stage) is required to be handed over to the hotel before every drive for the vehicle to be released from the forest department.
- Please ensure that you carry the proof provided whilst travelling to Ranthambhore as it is checked at the entry by the Forest Department
*The booking policy of the authorities does not permit any refund for cancellation and hence any cancellation or modification to the drives will lead to 100% retention on confirmed jungle drive bookings. Any modification is treated as a fresh booking request with a separate charge as listed below. The Forest department responsible for conservation of wildlife has placed a restriction on the number of visitors to the park on a daily basis. To avoid disappointment, we recommend that you book your jungle safari at the earliest.
In case of non-availability of jeeps, there is a alternative for visit to the park in form of a large open air vehicle on seat sharing basis called "Canter".