As per the recent Tiger Estimation Program, the Ranthambhore Tiger Reserve has around 70 to 80 Tigers. The number of sightings has doubled in the last three years; guests on a full day and half day safari's from The Oberoi Vanyavilas have had great sightings.
Tiger safaris can be experienced at Ranthambhore from October to June, for 3.5 hours, a half day (6 hours) or a full day (12 hours). Advance booking required.
The Department of Forest, Government of Rajasthan manages the Jungle Drive bookings.
- Majority booking is done in advance and only very limited seats are made available 24 hours prior on first cum first serve basis. Any booking requests later than that are only on the basis of any last minute cancellation received by the forest department.
Bookings require the below mentioned details –
- Complete names of all the guests traveling.
- A copy of passport for all guests wanting to do the drive.
- Indian nationals can provide an Indian passport or a driving license.
- Guests are requested to carry the identity documents submitted at the time of booking the safaris in original as they will have to carry the same during the Jungle Drive.