Safety & Hygiene
Guests should have received at least one dose of vaccine prior to entering Rajasthan as advised by the Government of Rajasthan. Also it is mandatory to carry the vaccination certificate.
In case no vaccination is done, it is mandatory to carry a negative RTPCR report. Same needs to be given at the time of arrival at the hotel
We continue to follow the highest standards of cleanliness and hygiene, and in keeping with World Health Organization guidelines, to mitigate the risks associated with the coronavirus.
Please click here to know more.
Located in the State of Rajasthan, in northern India, just ten minutes' drive from Ranthambhore National Park and Tiger Reserve, our 20 acre, award winning resort, The Oberoi Vanyavilas offers guests the opportunity to see Royal Bengal Tigers in the wild.
THE OBEROI, VANYAVILAS, RANTHAMBHORE
The Oberoi Vanyavilas, Ranthambhore Road, Sawai Madhopur, Ranthambhore - 322 001, Rajasthan, India
+91 7462 22 3999, +91-11-23890606
From Indira Gandhi International Airport, New Delhi
- Get on the NH48 at Rangpuri, New Delhi from IGI Airport T3 Road and Rangpuri
- Head west on Indira Gandhi International T3 Road
- Use the right two lanes to turn slightly right towards Indira Gandhi International T3 Road
- Use any lane to turn right onto Indira Gandhi International T3 Road
- Continue onto IGI Road/Northern Access Road
- Use the right two lanes to turn right towards IGI Road/Northern Access Road
- Use any lane to turn right onto IGI Road/Northern Access Road
- Turn left onto IGI Airport T3 Road
- Continue straight to stay on IGI Airport T3 Road
- Keep right to stay on IGI Airport T3 Road
- At the roundabout, take the second exit
- Pass by Punjab National Bank ATM (on the left). Continue for 270 metres
- At Hotel Delhi Aerocity, continue onto Rangpuri
- Take a slight right to merge onto the NH48
- Continue on the NH48. Take Alwar-Bhiwadi Road, RJ SH 25, NH21, NH148 ... and RJ SH 1 to MDR111 in New Colony, Sawai Madhopur (350 kms)
- Merge onto the NH48
- Keep right to stay on the NH48 (Partial toll road)
- Go past the petrol station (on the left in 12.8 kms). Continue for 23.5 kms
- Continue onto Delhi - Ajmer Expy/Delhi - Jaipur Expy
- Take the slip road to the NH48
- Pass by Corporation Bank ATM (on the left in 500 metres). Continue for 7.8 km
- Slight left onto Delhi - Ajmer Expy/Delhi - Jaipur Expy
- Go past the petrol station (on the left in 1.5 km). Continue for 2.3 kms
- Continue straight past Bansal Petro onto the NH48 (Partial toll road)
- Go past the petrol station (on the left in 1.6 kms). Continue for 12.5 kms
- Turn left towards Service Road
- Turn right onto Service Road
- Turn left
- Turn left onto Dharuhera - Bhiwadi Bypass Road/Rewari-Sohna Road/Sohna Road
- At the roundabout, take the second exit onto Alwar-Bhiwadi Road/Alwar Bypass Road/Bhiwadi Alwar Bypass Road/BurhiBawal - Dharuhera Road/Papari Road
- Continue to follow Alwar-Bhiwadi Road/Alwar Bypass Road/Papari Road (Partial toll road)
- Pass by A-One Mattress Store (on the right). Continue for 30.5 kms
- At the roundabout, take the second exit and stay on Alwar-Bhiwadi Road/Alwar Bypass Road/Papari Road
- Continue to follow Alwar-Bhiwadi Road/Alwar Bypass Road (Partial toll road)
- Pass by Nishu Restaurant Tijara (on the left in 3 kms). Continue for 18 kms
- At the roundabout, take the first exit onto Alwar-Bhiwadi Road/Alwar Bypass Road/Alwar-Tijara Road
- Pass by Jhilmil Hotel (on the left in 15.2 kms) Continue for 31.5 kms
- At the roundabout, take the first exit onto Alwar-Bhiwadi Road/Narnaul - Behror - Alwar Road
- Pass by Yadav Fauji Dhaba (on the left). Continue for 5.6 kms
- At the roundabout, take the second exit onto the NH248A
- Pass by Shree Chandraprabhu Viklang Kalyan Samiti (Sambal) (on the left in 800 metres). Continue for 5.7 kms
- Turn left onto Rajgarh Road/Rajgarh - Alwar Road/RJ SH 25
- Continue to follow RJ SH 25 (Partial toll road)
- Pass by Burja Plant Nursery (on the left in 2.4 kms). Continue for 70.3 kms
- Turn right onto NH21 (Partial toll road)
- Pass by Uma Fancy Store (on the right). Continue for 29 kms
- Turn left onto the NH148
- Pass by MICROSYS (on the left in 18.0 kms). Continue for 40 kms
- Continue onto the NH23
- Pass by YES Bank Lalsot (on the left). Continue for 1.4 kms
- Continue straight onto Rajasthan State Highway 24 (Partial toll road)
- Pass by Hotel Purohit (on the right in 450 metres). Continue for 33.4 kms
- Continue onto RJ SH 1 (Partial toll road)
- Pass by Shaheed Phool Mohammad Choraha (on the left in 19.7 kms). Continue for 30 kms
- Continue onto SH 1
- Pass by Neelkanth Mahadev (on the right in 500 metres). Continue for 1 km
- Continue onto Hammir Bridge Road/Sawai Madhopur - Khandar Road/Sheopur - Sawai Madhopur Road
- Pass by Central Bank of India (on the left in 500 metres). Continue for 650 metres
- Follow MDR111 to your destination (3.7 kms)
- At Ranthambhore Circle, take the first exit onto MDR111
- Pass by Punjab National bank (on the right). Continue for 3.7 kms
- Turn right and you will see The Oberoi Vanyavilas after 45 metres
From Sawai Madhopur Railway Station
Weather in Ranthambore.
Ranthambhore is known for its sub-tropical climate and three well-defined seasons: summer, winter and the monsoon season. Winter is known as the best season to visit this area.
|Seasons of year
|| March to June
||November to February
||July to September
Other travel information.
All international visitors to India (except those with a Nepali or Bhutanese national passport), must have valid passports stamped with current visas. For more information on visa categories and applications, please visit the Government of India online portal for Visa Applications.
It is mandatory for all international visitors to India to register with the Foreigners' Regional Registration Office within 24 hours of arrival. The hotel will scan your passport photograph page when you check in and take care of this service for you.
Visa on arrival
The Visa on Arrival (enabled by Electronic Travel Authorisation) facility is available for travellers visiting India from 43 countries. For more information on the Visa on Arrival facility, please visit the website of the Government of India.
The unit of Indian currency is the Rupee. Visit for up to date information on current exchange rates.
We would be happy to help with foreign currency exchange in India. Please ask the concierge upon arrival.
There are plenty of international ATMs in all major cities in India. International credit cards are also widely accepted.
Please note: It is prohibited to take Indian currency out of India.
If you are travelling to Ranthambhore during the summer months, we recommend you wear loose clothing made from natural fabrics. During the winter months, you may wish to carry a sweater or shawl for the evenings.
English is widely spoken in India. Staff at the airport, hotels, restaurants and shops will most often be fluent in English.
Hindi is the official and most widely spoken native language in India. It is most concentrated in the northern states. Telugu, Malayalam, Tamil and Kannada prevail in the south.
Visitors of Indian origin and foreigners aged above 10 years who reside in India can carry INR 45,000 (when the country of origin is Nepal, Bhutan, Myanmar or China, the currency allowance is INR 6,000)
International visitors (over 18 years) from every other country can carry USD 10,000 or the value of USD 5,000 in other currencies, per person into India.
Duty free goods
Duty free allowances per person (over the age of 18) are as follows:
- Alcohol: 2 litres
- Cigarettes: 100 pieces
- Cigars: 25 pieces
- Tobacco: 125g
Passengers aged over 18 can also carry one laptop computer.
Customs duty is leviable at 36.05% on the valuable of dutiable goods in excess of the allowance.
- Maps and literature where India's external boundaries have been incorrectly drawn;
- Narcotic drugs and psychotropic substances;
- Goods violating any of the legally enforceable intellectual property rights;
- Wildlife products;
- Counterfeit currency;
- Specified live birds and animals.